Ah, the sun is out, and the livin’ gets a little easier.
I love the summer to take the time to read a lot more, and to write.
I’m always getting to know more indie authors, particularly fellow flash fiction writers. But I also like to read some of the big names too.
Here’s a few authors on my reading list:
- Alexander McCall Smith (love the comfort of simple wisdoms; and the No. 1 Ladies Detective series, best red with a cup of red rooibos tea!)
- Elizabeth Gilbert (can read Eat, Pray, Love until I just can’t read it anymore)
- Robert Ludlum (classic! and nice to balance out the calmness)
- Orson Scott Card (yes, classic sci fi, thanks E, you know who you are)
- Daniel H. Wilson (Robopocalypse – a must read again for our times)
- Michael Christie (brilliant, realistic, character driven author who writes about the down and out in my hometown)
What are you reading this summer?